Independence Day has come and gone, but we love to celebrate all month long! There are so many different ways that we can celebrate our independence, but summer is also in full swing. It’s just a perfect combination! From picnics to art – there are many different ways to enjoy spending the summer months!
While tourism is still almost non-existent on the island, there are still many different ways that you can fill your summer months with fun and games. Of course, we love the beaches, as long as social distancing is still taking place. Covid has been tough on everyone, but it does affect our kids too – even if they are not coming right out and saying it. Keeping your minds and bodies active can help to alleviate some of the hardships that go along with the different effects of covid.
Here are some things that you can do:
- Schedule a ghost tour – there are plenty of different ghost tours available in Hawaii, but you need to schedule ahead.
- Plan some picnics – you can add some fun to these by trying different foods from around the world. Try doing some themed meals, and find a quiet, out of the way spot to spend the afternoon. After you eat, you can explore the surrounding areas.
- Have art contests at home – challenge each member of the family to come up with a piece of artwork that can be shared at a designated time. Pick a theme, and have some fun coming up with different concepts.
- Create stained glass murals – use painters tape and water paints or dry erase markers to have some fun with the windows in your home. After your art is done, you can remove the painters tape for a unique stained glass appearance!
- Book a tour – there are many different day tours and excursions that you can book! From sea life to outlying areas on Hawaii, there are quite a few things that you can schedule and keep the family entertained for hours!
- Join a reading challenge – check your local library or online groups to see if there are any reading challenges that you can join. If you can’t find one, create one with your family! Read and let your imaginations soar!
Don’t forget to look online for coupons and different savings for anything that you want to plan this summer! Soak up that summer sun (and vitamin D), and get out and have some fun! Even while social distancing, there are still quite a few things that you can find to keep everyone engaged and happy! Happy summer!