Are you in charge of bringing the dessert to Thanksgiving dinner, but you do not know what to bring besides the cliché pumpkin pie? Make a pumpkin roll instead! Or make one, and bring a pie too! You can never have too much dessert on Thanksgiving Day.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease 10×15 inch roll pan.
- Blend together – eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin
- In another bowl, blend together flour and baking soda. Pour in to pumpkin mixture and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture over the roll pan
- Bake 15 to 25 minutes in oven. Remove from oven and allow to cool
- Remove cake from pan and place on a towel
- Roll up the cake by rolling a towel inside cake and place seam side down to cool.
- For frosting – blend together butter, cream cheese, confectioners sugar, and vanilla.
- When cake is cooled, unroll the cake and spread the cream cheese filling on it.
- Roll up again (without towel)
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Sprinkle confectioners sugar on top when ready to serve, and slice up to 10 portions.